To Enlarge:




To enlarge the picture, just click on the actual photo and it will be MUCH bigger! (I just figured this out!)

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Latest Project:: Advent Calendar

Okay, I realize as I logged on that it has been a year since I last posted here!! Just passed Joshua's 5th birthday!! YIKES!

Oh well, here is my latest project that I thought would be fun to share. A Christmas tree advent calendar.


This is the idea, which came from Pottery Barn.


Close up. And following are my finished 'pockets'.










2 comments:

on the eastern journey said...

Wow! This is a great advent calendar! I love your take on it. I was just reading another blog post where they make the "treats" inside the advent calendar to be something to "do" together like drink hot chocolate or bake cookies for the fire department, etc. I thought it was SO NEAT to fill up the month with activities instead of getting a piece of candy each day. I'm thinking Advent, but I'm also thinking Jesse Tree of Prophesy Boxes. I need to make a decision. November is flying by!

Marianne said...

Hey Sandra, I was thinking of putting bible verses in some of the pockets and couple of little things I had found out and about, and then a couple of pieces of candy, I was still mulling the ideas over, I am for sure going to include the idea of doing things together as well!! So what is the Jesse Tree thing? I have never heard of that. One thing that my friend in Dallas shared with me that they are doing with their girls was having three "treasure" looking boxes, kind of like what the three Kings would have had and they would open what is inside of them together on Christmas Eve. The things inside would relate to the symbolism of each of the things that were brought to Jesus. She was going to give me the details. Sounded really neat too!